Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mom and Daughter


What a blessing it is to have a caring, loving daughter.  When I was told that a hysterectomy was in order for me in 2002, my precious daughter arranged to take a few days off from her job and come down to take care of her ailing Mom.  For a while, I didn't think that she was going to make it in time to tell me "bye" and give me a little going away kiss.  Finally she and her hubby came walking into the small cubbie where they were holding me captive before wheeling me into the operating room.  My daughter lived in another state so she and her husband had to travel to get here. It slips my mind what ever could have slowed them down--but it doesn't matter now.  All that mattered is that she did make it in time to see me off.  The surgery was an overwhelming success. I did extremely well, due to the prayers of God's people. James 4:16 says ..."pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."  And to the wonderful care of my very capable daughter.  She not only stayed with me in the hospital, but she came home with me upon my release.  She took excellent care of me, being a wonderful cook and housekeeper. And she has the gift of comfort.  She kept me fed, comfortable and comforted the entire 8 days she blessed me with her presence.  Just she being with me, was a healing factor all its own.  I love my beautiful daughter--it was very much an answer to prayer she being here to look after me.  I'm so very thankful to my son-in-law for doing without his lovely wife for those 8 days.  This Mom's heart is forever thankful for the Lord's healing hand upon my body and for a caring, loving daughter that He so caringly and lovingly blessed me with.  Until We Meet Again...

No comments: