Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Grass DOES Needs Cutting

It cannot be said too many times, the LORD is SO good. I was up thinking about calling the guy that cuts my grass.  While thinking upon that and other things that needed doing early last Thursday morning, I received a call from someone very, very dear.  She said, "Hey, I'm going to stop by for a minute and I'll be there in just a minute."  Oh my goodness, my appearance was something akin to a train wreck.  I still had on my PJ's, hair was all over the place and, uh, yes, just a train wreck.  I did manage to run and put on a dab of lipstick and a little powder. A dab was all there was time for, because she was extremely accurate in that "I'll be there in just a minute" part.  But, that is a part of her wonderful personality.  She can do more in just a minute than most of us can do in a year.  She's that efficient.  Well, to get to the point of her visit, because my interest was piqued as well, she walked in and  handed me $25.  She said I know that you have been praying about something you need and please put this toward it. While I didn't confess to her at that moment, she was "accurate" on that account as well.  Praying ~ I had been doing ~ for gas in the car as well as for the grass to be cut.  NO ONE, but the LORD Himself, had known about these needs.  The gas had been miraculously supplied the day before, so my dear friend's gift was going to go a long way on having my grass cut.   Too many times?  NO, it cannot be said enough  ~  the Lord is good!   HE is so very good to me.  Now, let me see, where did I lay that grass- cutting guy's number?    Until We Meet Again...

1 comment:

Linda said...

That was such a blessing for your friend to be used of God as a blessing in your life! God is so good...and He does care about the little things in our lives as well as the big things!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits