Friday, January 1, 2010

The Precious Holy Spirit

What would we as Christians be without the precious working of the Holy Spirit in our lives?  I am afraid that we would be powerless, empty and hollow.  The Lord actually saves us by the wondrous wooing of His Holy Spirit.  We hear the Word through the reading of the Bible ~ God's Holy Word, a Gospel Tract, or a preacher, evangelist or a witnessing Christian who is obeying the will of the Lord by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Then, the Holy Spirit convicts us of the sin in our lives that we need to be saved from. When we call on the name of Jesus Christ, it is then, that the Precious Holy Spirit comes to live in our hearts and guides and directs our lives in a marvelous way IF we allow Him to do so.  Even though I was saved when I was 11 years old, I was made acutely aware of the Holy Spirit's manifesting power in my own life around the time I was 27 years old.  Many storms, trials, and tribulations were creating much havoc in my life then, and the blessed Holy Spirit gave me amazing comfort, guidance and understanding.  He allowed me to see that by trusting in Him, there and there alone, I abode in a safe dwelling place.  HE allowed me to see that if I gave ALL control to Him, He would keep me safe, no matter how high the storms of life tossed the tsunami-sized waves around me!  I would not drown!  He had the power to meet all needs and that He did and still does. I could trust in the blessed Holy Spirit to sustain me and guide me through whatever it be. And, trust, I do.   Oh Christian brethren, let us have power in our Christian walk by the wondrous work of the Precious Holy Spirit as He manifests Himself in our lives.  Until We Meet Again...

No comments: